Byron Park District is proud to partner with SilverSneakers!
SilverSneakers is a FREE fitness program for seniors that's helping millions of people on Medicare defy the odds and shatter stereotypes! Silver Sneakers is the nation's leading community fitness program specifically designed for older adults, promoting greater health engagement and accountability by providing members with regular exercise (strength training, aerobics, flexibility)--all at no cost to them!
How do I get started?
1. Check Eligibility
2. Find a Location (Byron Park District)
3. Bring your 16 digit SilverSneakers number in to the Byron Park District for instant access to classes, equipment and amenities.
For more information or questions you may contact the Byron Park District office directly at 815-234-8435 or visit the facility located at 420 N. Colfax St. in Byron, IL.
SilverSneakers COVID-19 Response
On Monday, March 30, at 10 a.m. PT SilverSneakers debuted their Facebook Live and YouTube Exercise Class Series! Byron Park District is thrilled to share this great resource with our members and community to continue to stay active during this unprecedented time.
Classes are continuing for as long as needed in this changing environment. Please tune in Monday - Friday, at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SilverandFit/ or on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/silverandfit.
The weekly class schedule is as follows:
- Monday: Low Impact Cardio
- Tuesday: Easy Going Yoga
- Wednesday: Body Weight Exercises
- Thursday: Balance & Flexibility
- Friday: Friday Mixer (mash-up of the favorite exercises of the week)
Stay active and stay well!